Richfield Township is the Area Leader in Quality Parks, Campground, and Marina Facilities, all of which are Handicap Accessible and Open to the Public.
Richfield Township Airport Road Multi-use Park Property
This is Richfield Township's oldest and most beloved Park. Home to the Township Airport, 2 Ballfields, the Saint Helen Bluegill Festival Every Summer, New Bathroom Facilities, Pavilion, playground equipment, Tennis Courts, 120 Campground sites: 91 rustic and 29 Water and Electric. This is a one stop summer fun park and is within walking distance to the Gas Stations and Saint Helen's oldest most beloved bar-The Cedar Inn. Below you will find detailed campground information and contact information. The Park location is on the north side of Airport Road. Turn east when you get to the Traffic Light in the center of Saint Helen. The Campground is also closed from December 1st until April 1st but reservations can be taken after the 1st of the year for the summer months. Campground reservations must be paid in advance, with the due date for seasonal sites.
Campground address is 10415 East Airport Road, Saint Helen, MI 48656
To Make Reservations PLEASE CALL THE TOWNSHIP AT 989-389-4452 and Reservations can be made in person as well.
THIS LINK ALSO SHOWS ALL RESERVATION POLICIES
- Campground sites with utilities are $1,500 for the Season and the Daily rate is $30.
- Campground Rustic sites are $400 for the Season and the Daily rate is $18.
- CANCELLATIONS – A $10 cancellation fee will be assessed for cancellations less than 7 days prior to stay.
- All Seasonal sites are limited. The Richfield Township Campground opens for reservations January 3rd.
- There is a dump station available onsite for a $5 fee.
- Bathrooms and showers are available.
- Please View THIS LINK for Campground Rules and Regulations
- Please View THIS LINK for a Campground / Park Map
The Historic Cove Park and new Marina
The Cove Park has been a staple of the Saint Helen community since the 1950's. Formerly known as Carter's Cove, It was purchased by the Township for Public use in 2014. It sits on beautiful Lake Saint Helen and has a large beach area for people to use. There is also large areas of green space for people just to enjoy in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. There is plenty of parking. In 2016 the township also installed a large Marina for even more access to the lake for Residents and Visitors alike. This park is open dawn to dusk and is closed in the winter.
- The Marina currently has 38 spots and spots are given out via a lottery pool.
- The price for a season is $600 for a dock spot and the location is lighted and has its own parking area separate from the beach area.
- To get in on the lottery please call Richfield Township at 989-389-4994 from January 1st to March 31st and the Lottery Draw will be held on April 1st.
( YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED A DOCK SPOT FROM YEAR TO YEAR. YOU MUST ENTER THE LOTTERY POOL EVERY YEAR. )
The lake saint helen access site / beach / kayak launch / fishing pier.
The Boat Access Site was leased from the DNR in 2010. This area is one of the areas best for active individuals that just can't get enough of the water. A boat launch site is available to get your boat out onto Lake Saint Helen, a huge parking area for people with boat trailers, a smaller beach area for those that just want a quick swim or just a taste of the water, a walking area for priceless views of the lake, and the new Lake Saint Helen Fishing Pier and Handicap Accessible Kayak launch. All of these wonderful perks make this a great location for a few fun hours or a long day out on our 2400 acre all sports lake.
- The Boat Launch provides Two docks for launching boats.
- Boat Launch Passes are available for $10 per year and are available at the Richfield Township Hall.
- Registration / Pay envelopes are available at the access site, along with a pay tube.
- Yearly passes will be mailed to the address provided to the township on the registration form.
saint helen community garden park
Started in 2017 the Saint Helen Community Garden Park is the latest park added to our township's wonderful parks system, located along North Saint Helen road at the North end of downtown Saint Helen. This park is certainly a work in progress for the community and we are hoping to get this park really up and running in 2018 with food plots and fruit trees. The Gardens lands were donated by a local resident in 2017 for future park uses and is owned by the township. When the weather permits that park is open all Spring, Summer, and Fall from dawn till dusk 7 days a week. We would encourage those who would like to volunteer at this park, gather information, or want to know the rules, to please review documents below.
- Community Garden Hours are Spring, Summer, and Fall hours dusk till dawn 7 days a week.
- Community Garden Rules - Click Here
- Community Garden Plot Registration - Click Here
- Connect with the Garden on Facebook by - Clicking this Link
USE SEARCH BAR BELOW TO FIND SPECIFIC TOWNSHIP INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE