Richfield Township is located in Eastern Roscommon County and is a Zoned and Ordinance Enforced Township.
Our Mission as your local Government has been and continues to be to provide the best quality of services to our Residents, Visitors, Businesses, and Property owners. We are always working to make sure your tax dollars are being used in the best ways possible. We are committed to our citizens, visitors, and Businesses and that is always our goal.
YOUR TOWNSHIP BOARD
Supervisor James VanWormer - 49, has lived in Roscommon County for 37 years. He has served as a Richfield Township trustee for six years and is the current supervisor, having served for the past six years. He has 21 years of experience in township government and is a Michigan certified assessing officer. He currently sits on the Zoning Board of Appeals and the Richfield Township Downtown Development Authority. He also has 10 years of experience in zoning administration and 16 years of experience creating and balancing township budgets. (IMAGE ONE)
Clerk Pam Scott - 56, has lived in Roscommon County for 46 years. The current township clerk for the past 12 years, she has an associate degree in secretarial science. She took additional classes in business, data processing and township governance. (IMAGE TWO)
Treasurer Kacey Lacey - 59, has lived in Roscommon County for 27 years and has not held political office. She earned a bachelor’s degree in English and social sciences (including government). A 38-year teacher, she spent 11 years teaching in Lutheran schools, 21 years at the former St. Helen Elementary School, six years at Roscommon Elementary School and one year at Roscommon Middle School. She was involved in a multitude of activities while servicing the children and families of St. Helen Elementary School for the 21 years she taught there.(IMAGE THREE)
Trustee Gary Milner - 62, has lived in St. Helen for 47 years and is a Roscommon High School graduate. He has owned and operated Milner Fence/ Snow Plowing for more than 43 years, working in residential and commercial areas. He is a 25-year member of the American Legion in St. Helen. He is also currently a member of the Richfield Township Planning Commission. (IMAGE FOUR)
Trustee Mickey Huntley - 33, has lived in St. Helen his whole life and is a Roscommon High School graduate. He has worked in management for 10 years and he and his wife and two children plan to call this beautiful town home forever.( IMAGE FIVE )
TRASH / COMPOST / RECYCLING INFORMATION
GARBAGE / YARD WASTE INFORMATION BELOW
- Each Citizen is Provided with a 95 gallon Garbage container provided by the Trash Collection company.
- All Residential property owners are allowed to put out the 95 gallon container and one large item every week and garbage collection day is Monday.
- Curb Side Yard Waste is provided From May through November.
2018 Yard Waste Schedule is Below
May - 7th, 14th, 21st, and 22nd / June - 4th and 18th
July 2nd, 16th, and 30th / August - 13th and 27th / September - 10th and 24th
October - 8th and 22nd / November - 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th
- Holidays with No trash pickup 2018 - New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Trash pick-up would be the next day.
IF YOU NEED A NEW OR EXTRA TRASH CAN, HAVE MISSED SERVICE, OR A QUESTION ABOUT TRASH PLEASE CONTACT REPUBLIC SERVICES AT 800-578-2664 OR CLICK THE LINK.
COMPOST INFORMATION BELOW
- A Compost site is provided for citizen's use off of Airport Road East right next to the Richfield Township Park.
- Compost Site is for Township Property Owners ONLY and is open from dawn to dusk.
- Yard Waste in brown lawn and leaf bags, truck loads, and trailer loads of yard waste are accepted. GARBAGE, PLASTIC BAGS OR NON-YARD WASTE ARE NOT ACCEPTED
- Tree branches and limbs under 4 inches in diameter are also accepted at the compost site.
- There are specific spaces for all different yard waste items at the site.
- Composted Black Dirt is also available FREE TO RESIDENTS once it's ready for use.
- Compost site is closed from December through March
RECYCLING INFORMATION BELOW
- The Recycling bin is located behind the Richfield Township Hall.
- All Recyclable materials are accepted at the bin
- It is Available for use all week and also on Saturdays and Sundays
- Richfield Township is open from 8:30am. - 4:30pm. Monday through Friday.
- Township Monthly work session where items are discussed by the township board members before being voted on is ALWAYS the second Tuesday of every month at 10am. at the Township Hall.
- Pet Licenses are available at the Township Treasurer's Office for a small fee between November and February. March - October they are available at Roscommon County.
- Township Monthly Board Meetings are ALWAYS the third Tuesday of the month at the Township Hall at 7pm
- The Township Annual Meeting and Yearly Budget hearing are always in March at the Richfield Township Hall.
- Most Township Records, Documents, Maps, Budgets, and any other information can be gathered by filling out an FOIA (freedom of information act ) request form.
- Richfield Township Requires that all citizens or property owners Purchase a Garage Sale Permit before having a sale ; these are available at the Township Treasurer's Office for $1.