Richfield Township is located in Eastern Roscommon County and is a Zoned and Ordinance Enforced Township.
Our Mission as your local Government has been and continues to be to provide the best quality of services to our Residents, Visitors, Businesses, and Property owners. We are always working to make sure your tax dollars are being used in the best ways possible. We are committed to our citizens, visitors, and Businesses and that is always our goal.
YOUR TOWNSHIP BOARD
Supervisor James VanWormer - 49, has lived in Roscommon County for 37 years. He has served as a Richfield Township trustee for six years and is the current supervisor, having served for the past six years. He has 21 years of experience in township government and is a Michigan certified assessing officer. He currently sits on the Zoning Board of Appeals and the Richfield Township Downtown Development Authority. He also has 10 years of experience in zoning administration and 16 years of experience creating and balancing township budgets. (IMAGE ONE)
Clerk Pam Scott - 56, has lived in Roscommon County for 46 years. The current township clerk for the past 12 years, she has an associate degree in secretarial science. She took additional classes in business, data processing and township governance. (IMAGE TWO)
Treasure Kacey Lacey - 59, has lived in Roscommon County for 27 years and has not held political office. She earned a bachelor’s degree in English and social sciences (including government). A 38-year teacher, she spent 11 years teaching in Lutheran schools, 21 years at the former St. Helen Elementary School, six years at Roscommon Elementary School and one year at Roscommon Middle School. She was involved in a multitude of activities while servicing the children and families of St. Helen Elementary School for the 21 years she taught there.(IMAGE THREE)
Trustee Gary Milner - 62, has lived in St. Helen for 47 years and is a Roscommon High School graduate. He has owned and operated Milner Fence/ Snow Plowing for more than 43 years, working in residential and commercial areas.He is a 25-year member of the American Legion in St. Helen. (IMAGE FOUR)
Trustee Mickey Huntley - 33, has lived in St. Helen his whole life and is a Roscommon High School graduate. He has worked in management for 10 years and he and his wife and two children plan to call this beautiful town home forever. He is currently on the Planning Commission( IMAGE FIVE )
TRASH / COMPOST / RECYCLING INFORMATION
GARBAGE / YARD WASTE INFORMATION BELOW
- Each Citizen is Provided with a 95 gallon Garbage container provided by the Trash Collection company.
- All Residential property owners are allowed to put out the 95 gallon container and one large item every week and garbage collection day is Monday.
- Curb Side Yard Waste is provided From April through November.
Yard Waste Schedule is Below
April - 17th and 24th / May - 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd / June - 5th and 19th
July 3rd, 17th, and 31 / August - 14th and 28th / September - 11th and 25th
October - 9th and 23rd / November - 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th
- Holidays with No trash pick - up 2017 - Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Trash pick-up would be the next day.
IF YOU NEED A NEW OR EXTRA TRASH CAN, HAVE MISSED SERVICE, OR A QUESTION ABOUT TRASH PLEASE CONTACT REPUBLIC SERVICES AT 800-578-2664 OR CLICK THE LINK.
COMPOST INFORMTION BELOW
- A Compost site is provided for citizens use off of Airport Road East right next to the Richfield Township Park.
- Yard Waste in brown lawn and leaf bags, truck loads, and trailer loads of yard waste are accepted. GARBAGE, PLASTIC BAGS OR NON-YARD WASTE ARE NOT ACCEPTED
- Tree branches and limbs under 4 inches in diameter are also accepted at the compost site.
- There are specific spaces for all different yard waste items at the site.
- Composted Black Dirt is also available FREE TO RESIDENTS once its ready for use.
RECYCLING INFORMATION BELOW
- The Recycling bin is located behind the Richfield Township Hall.
- All Recyclable materials are accepted at the bin
- It is Available for use all week and also on Saturdays
- Richfield Township has many ordinances that our enforced by our Enforcement Official Jay Simmons.
- All Ordinances are available at the Richfield Township Hall for review and copies can be requested
- Richfield Township is open from 8:30am. - 4:30pm. Monday through Friday.
- Township Monthly work session where items are discussed by the township board members before being voted on is ALWAYS the second Tuesday of every month at 10am. at the Township Hall.
- Pet Licenses are available at the Township Treasurers Office for a small fee between November and February. March- October they are available at Roscommon County.
- Township Monthly Board Meetings are ALWAYS the third Tuesday of the month at the Township Hall at 7PM
- The Township Annual Meeting and Yearly Budget hearing are always in March at the Richfield Township Hall.
- Most Township Records, Documents, Maps, Budgets, and any other in formation can be gathered by filling out a FOIA (freedom of information act ) request form.
- Richfield Township Requires that all citizens or property owners Purchase a Garage Sale Permit before having a sale, these are available at the Township Treasurer's Office for $1.